Dear 4th Grade Families,
Welcome to 4th Grade!
ELA – iReady ELA , Vocabulary Workshop, 25 Book Club, and Guided Reading.
Social Studies – New York State Social Studies Weekly Newspaper.
Math – iReady Math, Go Math Workbook – Volume #1 and# 2. Videos that go along with each lesson prior to the lesson, Practice Multiplication/Division facts daily.
Science – New York State Science Studies Weekly Newspaper, Mystery Science /Video Sites.
Religion – Daily prayers, personal reflections in the religion section of our binder. Record the bible story title and date at the top of each reflection. HERE
Other Fun/Optional sites/Activities:
Suggestions for an academic time frame: Math: 20- 30 mins. per day M-F, ELA: 20-30 mins. per day M-F, Social Studies: 15-20 mins. T/Th/F, Science: 15-20 mins. M/ Th, and Religion: 15-20 mins. M/W/F. I hope this helps.
Thank you so much,
4th Grade Student Supply List 2021-2022
- 1 Pair of Scissors
- 2 packs of 12 count, pre-sharpened, #2 Pencils
- 2 highlighters
- 2 glue sticks
- 2 black sharpies
- 1 large pink eraser
- 1 (3”) package of post-it notes
- 12” ruler with English and Metric Units
- 1 small 4” protractor
- 1 (24) count pack of colored pencils
- 1 package of 3 x 5 index cards
- 2 packages of 1/2 inch loose-leaf graph paper
- 2 packages of loose-leaf lined paper
- 1 package of scotch tape refill
- 1 pair of Headphones
- 1 oversized t-shirt (art smock)
- 1 boxes of tissues
- 1 container of disinfectant wipes
- 1 package of page protectors
- 1 dry eraser
- 1 soft sided index card holder
- 1 Ruled black and white Composition Notebook
- 1 Zipper pencil pouch
- 1 box (quart size) Ziploc bags
- 1 bottle of hand sanitizer
- 1 roll of paper towels
- 1 pack of low odor expo markers
Dear Soon to be 4th Grade Parents,
Please read over the Summer Reading Assignment and expectations with your child. The Summer Reading Assignment is DUE no later than September 17, 2021.The Summer Reading Assignment is for a First Quarter Report Card / ELA Grade. Please return to school with the book for some follow-up activities during the first few weeks of school.
We have read the information on the Summer Reading Assignment and have gone over the expectations.
Student signature _________________________________________________
Parent signature _________________________________________________
Parent name (PRINTED) _________________________________________________
Dear Soon to be 4th Grade Parents,
We hope that you all have a fantastic summer vacation and enjoy God’s many blessings.
This letter is to inform you of the Summer 2021 Reading Assignment.
ALL 4th Grade students will be required to pick a book of their choice and over the summer. Attached to this letter, you will find the activities that your child is expected to complete while reading the book.
If you have any questions, please let us know. We are truly looking forward to another amazing year of growth, learning, and of course, fun!
Directions: On lined paper, write your first and last name on the top of the page and the name of the book and author. Please complete #1-5.
- Read The book of your choice and find 4 unfamiliar vocabulary words. Write the vocabulary word, rewrite the sentence that you found it in, write the page number, and write the definition of the word.
- After reading Chapter 1, write one question that you would ask a classmate after reading that chapter.
- Write about one (1) self to text connection that you can think of after completing the book.
- Draw a picture that comes to your mind after reading your favorite chapter in this book. Be sure to tell what chapter this is and why it is your favorite chapter.
- Write if you would recommend this book to a friend or not and explain your answer.