Mr. Rued leads us in many explorations in our science lab and our Maker-Space!!!
Some things to try while you are at home!
NEW CHALLENGE!: Wind powered car!
Create a wind powered car…
Things to think about:
- What am I going to make the frame of the car out of?
- What kind of wheels should I use?
- How am I going to attach the wheels to the car?
- How am I going to put the sail on the car?
- What will I make the sail out of?
- What shape should the sail be?
- After my first attempt, what improvements can I make?
Towers!: Create a tower out of straws or pencils or toothpicks and playdough
- Use the playdough to hold your straws together
- See how tall you can make it
- It has to stand on it’s own!
Cardboard Vehicle: Create a car, truck or any other vehicle out of a cardboard!
- Use cardboard (old cereal boxes, shoe boxes, packages) as well as other stuff to make a vehicle.
- Will it be a land, water or air vehicle?
- How will it move (roll, glide, float, sails)?
- How can you make it move faster, straighter farther?
When you are done, and if you want to: Take a picture and put it on Seton’s Instagram page: setoncatholicrochester!